Sunday, March 17, 2013

I'm looking down the juicing path...

This is taken from my Tumblr earlier today- As i still have no idea which one to keep posting to...


So I’ve been watching a ton of food and health related documentaries lately that have been really inspiring me. To name a few: “Vegucated”, “Hungry for Change”, and “Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead”.
All of these are very educational when it comes to the benefits of a clean diet and all of the crap that is in the processed foods that we eat every day.
“Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead” has me extremely interested in Juicing. In fact, one of my roommates and I are going to embark on the Juicing path. We are going to go halfsies on a Ninja brand Blender/Juicer/food processor that we found at Target for $100 and we are going to start experimenting with different fruits and veggies.
Eventually my goal is to do a 60 day Juicing cleanse. I found a guy online with a blog that follows him on the last year where he started with a 60 juice fast and over the past year has lost 100 lbs. He has lots of helpful hints on getting through it and how he slowly broke his fast. Lots of tips for shopping and recipes as well. His fast is a little different -in that he would do 2 juices a day and a salad for the 3rd meal.. and he would allow himself to snack on fruits and veggies… so its not a straight up Juice Fast. But i like this idea. He also used a BlendTek Blender instead of a Juicer as it used a lot less produce and was a little more affordable.
http://livingontheoutsideaisle.wordpress.com/

I’m also loving the site for Joe Cross:  http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/
It’s a community of Juicers who share progress and Recipes. I have yet to join. But once I start juicing I plan to join. there are TONS of Juice and Smoothie Recipes on here.

Also- I just found this website: http://juicerecipes.com/recipes/
with tons of recipes and the benefits of each individual recipe. I’m getting pretty excited about doing this. I think it will be a fantastic jump start to lose weight and clean out my system. From what I’ve been reading- shortly into the fast you stop craving all the junk because your system is so used to all the healthy goodness you are feeding it.
Since post on March 4th, where I weighed in at 286.0, I have bounced around from 265-nearly 268. Ridiculous. However this past few days I have been doing MUCH better with my food choices and cravings. I think these Documentaries have been brainwashing me! LOL Not that I’m complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment