Saturday, April 30, 2011

First the good news and excitement!

Friday April 29th, 2011 was the big day!
After 20 months of hard work and dedication- I graduated Massage Therapy School!!  I'm now officially a Massage Therapist. It will be an amazing feeling to be able to answer the question "What do you do?" with an actual title: "I'm a Massage Therapist"....instead of saying "well I work at a daycare center.... or I work in a grocery store.. etc. I have a title! I'm extremely proud of that.  Soon I can say "I'm a Licensed Massage Therapist" (Technically I will be a "Nationally Certified, State Licensed Massage Therapist" LOL I'm excited that I will have the letters "LMT" behind my name from now one! I'll be "Keri Roberts LMT!



SO EXCITING!! Now that I've graduated I have this weird excited/nervous feeling in my stomach. I will be spending the next month or so preparing to take NCE (national certification exam)and I think once i get that taken, the nervousness will lessen a bit. I'm definitely nervous about that!!  Having to re study all the bones and muscles are what are going to kill me! LOL I learned them and got A's on all my tests- but i feel like I didn't really retain any of it! It scares me! But I will study my ass off for the next month or more!

I'm going to miss all of my class mates like crazy. They've all been such a big part of my life for the last 20 months and I've seen them all at least 2 days a week, its going to be so weird not seeing them every week! Thank god for Facebook. I have all of them but one(who doesn't have a fb lol) on there so i can stay in touch.

GO ME! <3


I guess I'll update on the weight loss front. I had one amazing week on that cleanse where I lost over 6 and a half lbs... But then the weekend hit and i started missing pills and days.... so of course I ended up falling off the wagon... Once again.  UGH. So annoying.
I have another 2 week supply. So I'm gonna hit it again. I'm going to do the full 2 weeks and get my crap back on track.
That's all I'm going to say about that.

I have had another revelation that has been in the making for a while now, but I think It's starting to come into fruition. I've decided that I am going to stop waiting until I'm "Thin" to start enjoying my life. I'm so sick of being so critical of myself because I'm not at a perfect weight. I have so much more to offer. I am at a great place in life. I'm getting ready to embark on an amazing journey with this new career of mine. I deserve to be proud of this.
And I AM! Everything is always over shadowed by the fact that I still don't look the way i want to look. I'm not going to let this. I felt so good all day friday. I felt like I looked amazing when I left the house and I felt good all day. Then I saw the pictures and I instantly felt like crap about them. It's not fair to do that to myself.
I refuse to do this anymore.  So- over the next couple of weeks or months, I am going to be working on #'s 1, 9, 10,56, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 81,92, 93, & 96 of my Zero Day Project list.

Now that I've read through this list again- i see proof that this idea has been in the works for a while. I am going back to my positive thinking and the secret. eff this being miserable over one small part of who I am.

"99% of who and what you are is invisible and untouchable."

Anyhoo... yeah. That's whats going on in my neck of the woods.

I'll be back again soon with more positive words about my life!
LIFE IS GOOD!



2 comments:

  1. i am so proud of you and excited for you!!! love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Congrats on your graduation and for everything that will be coming your way! I'm really proud of you! I know that you can do anything you put your mind to, Keri<3

    ReplyDelete